Opening: Partner Success Manager
We are a rapidly expanding education technology startup that is looking for a Partner Success Manager to onboard and nurture our growing base of school partners! This role will be the primary point of contact with our teachers to ensure they are making the most of our program. You will play a crucial role in ensuring our clients love and evangelize our product, and increase usage at our schools. Building relationships comes naturally to you, and your passion for education is contagious. If this is you, we'd love you to join our team.
The Graide Network is an award-winning education technology company that connects K-12 teachers with qualified, on-demand teaching assistants to grade and provide formative feedback on student work online. “Graiders” provide personalized, actionable, and timely feedback to students and teachers. Their support unlocks the tremendous power of feedback to improve learning for students and puts data at educators’ fingertips like never before.
What You’ll Be Doing
You will be responsible for getting our school partners up and running with The Graide Network, providing ongoing support to help teachers transform their classrooms, and turning school partners into advocates and champions of our innovative feedback model. You will be focused on achieving strong adoption and usage metrics, and renewing and expanding our partnerships each year. Here are some key activities you’ll do:
- Lead planning sessions to help school teams define success for using The Graide Network and align their instructional plans with those goals.
- Create professional development materials to help teachers better incorporate feedback in their practice.
- Conduct teacher training and professional development sessions, primarily online and occasionally in person.
- Observe teachers using their Graider’s feedback reports and provide coaching.
- Analyze usage rates and activities to carefully measure what’s working and what’s not.
- Lead regular check-ins with school leaders to share insights, encourage accountability, offer ideas for improving usage, and solicit feedback.
- Really, anything you can think of to make the teacher experience informative and delightful.
Who Are We Looking For?
We are looking for someone with at least two years of teaching experience, preferably in English Language Arts, and at least one year working in a partner success role, ideally supporting K-12 schools. Most importantly, we’re looking for someone who is:
- Proactive. You don’t wait for things to happen to you, you make things happen! Sparking behavior change in others is hard, and you need to be up for the challenge. Teachers are extraordinarily busy and will rely on you to help them successfully incorporate Graiders into their practice.
- Organized. You know how chaotic the classroom can be. In order to be effective helping teachers stick to their plans and successfully realize the value of The Graide Network for themselves and their students, you’ll need to be crazy organized. If “detail oriented” is your middle name, you’ll succeed in this role.
- A savvy problem solver. You understand how to operate successfully in schools, anticipate key risks and obstacles, and work with school teams to create solutions.
- An engaging presenter. This role requires presenting (most often over video conference, occasionally in person) to groups of teachers. You’re very comfortable using technology and connect easily with educators. Our mission is to create powerful educational moments for students - so we’re looking for someone with passion, wit, and warmth who believes in our work and can get others excited and engaged.
- A crisp communicator. You’ll be regularly communicating via email, phone and video conference, so impeccable written and verbal communication skills are a must. We’re an education company, after all!
- Excited about feedback. Ideally, you spent a lot of time in your own classroom thinking about how to give the most effective feedback to your students - and you’ve seen the payoff when you do! Teachers will look to your expertise and product knowledge to help them implement excellent feedback practices.
- Happy to be a part of a team. We’re a small but ambitious team, and culture is everything. We are looking for people who can run independently with projects, but also fit well with our supportive, mission-driven culture. Since you will be working at the intersection our sales and operations teams, a desire to work collaboratively with others is a must.
- Full-time, in-person opportunity at our offices: 641 W Lake St, Chicago, IL, 60661
- Start date: May 2018
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Wear what you want. We guarantee you’ll still be more formally dressed than at least one member of The Graide Network on any given day.
- Awesome co-working space. We’re based in the Literacenter, a well-appointed workspace with free coffee, monthly cupcakes, all of the games, and great people on a shared mission to achieve a 100% literate Chicago.
- Accessible location. Our office is in the west loop on Lake and Desplaines, steps away from all of the public transit options (El, Metra, CTA).
- Unlimited vacation policy. Time away from work is critical to nurturing your success in both your professional and personal life - and we care about both. Therefore, we do not limit the number of vacation days you can take.
Please send an email introducing yourself to us at email@example.com with the subject line “Partner Success Manager”. Please include your resume and a cover letter that highlights three reasons you think you’d be great for the gig, focusing on how your past experience has prepared you for this kind of position. Writing is key to all we do, and we weigh cover letters heavily. We’re mostly interested in learning who you are, what you love to do, and why you’d love to do it here with us.
Thanks for your interest in The Graide Network!
About The Graide Network
The Graide Network is an early-stage social enterprise on the move. With an award-winning, innovative model, The Graide Network provides on-demand formative feedback on K-12 student work via remote teaching assistants. Learn more about The Graide Network in the news.
The Graide Network provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.